A globally recognized institution of higher learning that develops competent and morally upright citizens who are active participants in nation building and responsive to the challenges of 21st century
Batangas State University is committed to the holistic development of productive citizens by providing a conducive learning environment for the generation, dissemination and utilization of knowledge through innovative education, multidisciplinary research collaborations, and community partnership that would nurture the spirit of nationhood and help fuel national economy for sustainable development.
University Core Values
The University passionately strives to achieve its vision and carry out its mission by adhering to the following core values:
1903 Manual Training School was established under the supervision of an American principal, Mr. Scheer.
1905 The school was renamed Batangas Trade School, admitting only male students.
1932 A building at its present site was constructed.
1945 After liberation, the school resumed its activities with Mr. Vicente Mendoza as principal.
1948 Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1946 the school was rebuilt and female students were admitted in food trades, garment trades and cosmetology.
1953 Republic Act 746 authored by then Congressman Babao, bestowed upon the school a national status. Its name was changed to Pablo Borbon Memorial Trade School.
1957 The school became the Pablo Borbon Regional School of Arts and Trades and started offering technical courses under the able stewardship of Mr. Arsenio Galauran who served as superintendent from August 1957 to November 1962.
1962 Mr. Vicente Mendoza, who was principal-in-charge acted as the superintendent from November 1962 to June 8, 1963.
1963 Mr. Rosario De Leon succeeded Mr. Galauran. Mr. De Leon immediately initiated innovative plans build-up efficient citizen-workers with the inclusion of opportunity terminal classes in automechanics, machine shop practice, electronics, radio mechanics, cosmetology and dressmaking.
1965 RA 4872 authorized the offering of the Bachelor of Science in Industrial Education program.
1968 The regional school was converted into a state college by virtue of R.A. 5270 known Pablo Borbon Memorial Institute of Technology. It was the 23rd state college of the country at the time of conversion. Mr. Rosauro de Leon was sworn in as its first president.
1971 The College offered Industrial Teacher Education Engineering courses with specialization in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
1974 Civil Engineering was added to the course offering, The Graduate School was opened with the offering of a master's program leading to the degree of Master of Arts in Industrial Education, major in Administration and Supervision.
1977 Extension Trade Training Program was introduced. a 200-hour skills training for out-of-school youth in practical electricity, automotive, mechanics, food trades and woodcraft.
1978 Master of Management with specialization in Business Management and Public Management was offered on consortium with the UP College of Public Administration.
1984 The College acquired a three-hectare site at Alangilan, Batangas City through the efforts of the second college president, Mr. Isabelo Evangelio.
1986 Dr. Mariano O. Albayalde then Vice President was sworn as third President of the College.
1987 A pilot class of the general secondary curriculum with emphasis on science and mathematics was introduced.
1988 The doctoral program in Industrial Education Management (Ed.D.) in consortium with TUP was offered.
1989 Dr. Ernesto M. De Chavez was sworn as fourth President of the College. More relevant courses were introduced to produce globally competitive manpower.
1990 The Dual Training System (DTS) was launched. The special program for future technicians is conducted on trimester class sessions with four days a week in industry and two days in the school.
1991 Bachelor of Arts in Development Communication and Bachelor of Science in Biology were offered.
1993 The Laboratory School piloted the Technology-Based Curriculum for the Engineering and Technology Education Stream for Special Science High Schools.
1994 The PBMIT Balayan Campus was established with courses offering in Welding Fabrication, Electrical, Automotive and Electronics Technology.
1995 Bachelor of Science in Architecture and Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering were offered.
1996 The Colleges of Liberals Arts, Science and Computer Studies were created.
1997 More courses were added: Statistics, Physics, Behavioral Science, Sociology, Public Administration and Information System Management.
1999 Esablished this year were School of Accountancy, Business and Economics, Center of Gender and Poverty Studies and School of Food Science.
2000 The following new courses were offered: Environmental and Sanitary Engineering, Fine Arts, Information System Management, Computer Education, Information Technology, Marine Biology, Psychology, Peace and Security Studies, Guidance and Counseling, Business Administration, and Secretarial Administration.
Memorandum of Agreement was signed for the establishment of extension in Lipa, Rosario, San Pascual, Calaca, Taysan and Padre Garcia.
March 22, 2001 By the virtue of RA 90451 signed by Her Excellency President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, Pablo Borbon Memorial Institute of Technology was elevated into Batangas State University.Skip to top